With warehouse shuttle systems the handling of goods is carried out by using a remote controlled pallet shuttle. The shuttles contain diagnosis software for troubleshooting issues and run on rechargeable batteries.
Shuttle systems works on either a FIFO (first-in-last-out) or LIFO (last-in-first-out) basis. The system automates the placement of pallets in the storage lane reducing loading and unloading cycle times. The operator controls all the processes for storing and extracting pallets simply by using a remote control or Wi-Fi enabled tablet
Racking can be set up against a wall of the warehouse which allows for more space. This system allows for loading to be done from one side with a forklift truck and the unloading on the opposite side with another.
Here at 2hssl we offer a free site survey and would be happy to advice you on the system for your warehouse operation.
Advantages of Warehouse Shuttle Systems
- Unique high-density functionality
- Larger number of product types can be stored
- Time required to store and extract pallets reduced
- Reduces operating costs
- The number of fork trucks and operators required is reduced, no need for lighting about racking, less damage to goods including racking repair & maintenance, running costs of temperature/humidity controlled systems and reducing the storage cube required with the associated rent/overheads
- Damage Reduction
- Forklifts never enter into the aisles like they do in Drive-In racking reducing damage.
- Higher product flow produces increased productivity
- Maximised productivity
- Can be combined with other racking systems
- Ideal for cold storage warehouses